Monday, April 14, 2008

Longing for Home

I’ll always miss you Cara, but today as the week starts I miss you even more. I’m reminded that life has to go on without you physically here with us. I’ll be able to share you through pictures with family & friends, but I’ll never be able let them hold you, touch you or make baby faces at you.

I’ve been listening to this song on my way to and from work lately, and it reminds me of the day your Mom and I had to say goodbye to you. In every way, we didn’t want to leave you but we knew we had to. Your body was getting colder and your soul was already in heaven - and even with us in our hearts at that most difficult time.

And one day, we’ll be home with you. But for now, you’re smiling down at us living a peaceful life in heaven. I love you Cara, you’ll always be my little girl.

Home
Foo Fighters

Wish I were with you but I couldn't stay
Every direction leads me away
Pray for tomorrow but for today
All I want is to be home

Stand in the mirror you look the same
Just looking for shelter from the cold and the pain
Someone to cover, safe from the rain
All I want is to be home

Echoes and silence, patience and grace,
All of these moments I'll never replace
No fear of my heart, no absence of faith
All I want is to be home

People I've loved, I have no regrets
Some I remember some I forget
Some of them living some of them dead
All I want is to be home

No comments: