Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cynthia's birthday

This morning I got up early to make Cynthia a birthday breakfast feast of palacinke (a Slovak version of a crepe). My thoughts quickly turned to Cara. Wishing that she was here to wish her Mommy a happy birthday. Wishing that I was juggling Cara in my arms as I scrambled to get breakfast together.

Tonight, we are going to back to the last restaurant we ate out at before Cara's death. Cynthia asked if we could go there last night. At first I was hesitant, but the more I think about it this morning, it will be good to go there. Because it's a place where we can cherish a memory that we have with Cara.

We celebrate Cynthia's birthday today with Cara. Because I know Cara is smiling down on her Mommy, telling her what a wonderful Mommy she is, and how much she loves her.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I've just started reading your blog. My daughter, our second child, was also stillborn due to a cord accident January 17, 2007. I miss her greatly. I finally got the courage to start a blog for myself.

Happy birthday Cynthia, those firsts can be tough.

Thinking of you all,

Kelly